This weekend I wanted try some new recipes for my friend’s birthday party. I like trying new recipes for fun parties and events because it forges new memories with new recipes and is a great excuse to try something new! It was Sonja’s 16th Birthday Party so I wanted to make something special that she would like and everyone would enjoy. I found a recipe for Rice Crispy Donuts with an easy recipe and fun yummy end product.
Here’s the Ingredients
- 30g Salted Butter
- 200g Marshmallows
- 120g Rice Crispy Cereal
- White Chocolate
- Food Coloring
- Milk Chocolate
Here are the Steps
- Melt butter in Sauce Pan (Medium Heat)
- Add Marshmallows to the Sauce Pan
- Mix until Marshmallows they almost completely dissolved
- Put Cereal in a large bowl and Add the Marshmallow Mixture
- Mix until all Cereal is coated in Marshmallow
- Roll hands in Butter
- Take a Tennis Ball sized chunk of dough and work into a Doughnut Shape
- Melt chocolates in separate bowls (add food coloring and sprinkles) and coat the tops of Doughnuts
- Let sit until they are dry
- Enjoy ❤
A couple side notes on the recipe… First of all it tastes GREAT and its really fun to show up at the party with them. However, I did not like how the recipe was in grams because its less accurate and i had to borrow my dad’s postage scale. Next it was hard to estimate how large the donuts would be and forming them into their shape took a couple tries but I figured it out in no time. Overall it was easy and fun and I would absolutely make it again.
The party was so much fun and I’ll remember it for years to come! A huge Happy Birthday to Sonja! and to An! who was also turning 16! When I look back in this recipe I’ll remember how much I Had with all my friends at Sonja’s House and at Dinner at Eureka and Ice Cream at McConnell’s. I’ll remember how close we all are and the amazing food we all had together. Here’s some Highlights of the party and our fun night.